Notwithstanding any contrary statute, the manufacture, distribution, possession, possession with intent to distribute or possession with intent to use placebos in this state by the following persons is not unlawful:
1. Exempt manufacturers, wholesalers and pharmacists under sections 32-1921 and 32-1961.
2. Medical practitioners, pharmacies and pharmacists while acting in the course of their professional practice, in good faith and in accordance with generally accepted medical standards.
3. Persons who lawfully acquire placebos and use them only for scientific purposes.
4. Officers and employees of the United States, this state or a political subdivision of this state and peace officers while acting in the course of their official duties.
5. An employee or agent of a person described in paragraphs 1 through 4 of this subsection or a registered nurse or medical technician under the supervision of a medical practitioner while the employee, agent, nurse or technician is acting in the course of his professional practice or employment and not on his own account.
6. A common or contract carrier or warehouseman or an employee of such a carrier or warehouseman whose possession of placebos is in the usual course of business or employment.